Wednesday 25 May 2011

MY 7TH VISIT TO FULL OF BEANS @ STRAITS QUAY

I am a serious coffee lover as i drink my coffee without milk and sugar, and i am also sophisticate, macho, rebellious, eccentric, interesting, creative and honest because i drink my coffee without milk and sugar according to Colin, The New Brunswick Telegraph Journal.

7TH VISIT
Today, the whole Straits Quay look so deserted, empty, no life..... 

Full of Beans also look so lifeless, by the way.... only 10.15 am  in the morning


 Only one person there, not the little girl who can :" 미스 유니 버스가되고 싶지 최대 언제 성장", not the girl who always smile, but a man this time. I chose to sit at the work station because i like to see how my coffee being brewed right before me. I asked him how to address him, he told me "No. 57, Taman Berjaya,  Alor Setar, 05000 Kedah". I re-phased, what is your name, he answered, called me THOR (what a joker!)

I said :- "hi thor, i am doremon"


I think thor the superhero can remember me as one of his regular because he is very friendly to me, thor asked me what coffee i wanted to try today, as a serious coffee lover because i drink my coffee without milk and sugar, i should know about the coffee i wanted to drink for the day, so i said something from columbia and what do you have. Thor answered, from columbia they have
1) single origin columbia coffee
2) Beans from Mesa De la Santos
3) Narino.
As a Malaysian who was born in the 70s, when mentioned about columbia, we know valderrama from columbia

Mesa de la santos, santos?? I only know santokh singh, the great 70s malaysia footballer

Anyway, since i already know valderrama and santokh singh, i ordered Narino. I asked thor to use different method to brew my coffee because i have tried syphon pot on my last 6 visit. So, this time he used the  presso to brew the coffee for me.




While thor prepared my coffee, i asked him what is the different between presso and espresso machine, may be because he is too busy, he answered " presso  is cheaper, machine expensive and he cannot afford to buy one yet" . What a joker again.  My Narino was ready after 5 min.  I like it. I asked thor what he think about Narino, this is his answer:-

The Narino is a quintessential Colombian coffee. Excellent body, deep, rich. complex and bright. Fruity (currants and plums) overtones with a nice chocolate background, just a hint of earthiness and a long, satisfying finish. Narino coffees, over the years, have been my favorite Colombian origin, and this ranks right up there with the best of them



By this time, there were already 2 malay customer walked in and sat next to me, as a serious coffee lover who drink coffee without sugar and milk and also sophisticate, macho, rebellious, eccentric, interesting, creative and honest because i drink my coffee without milk and sugar, i turn to them and said :-

"saya setuju dengan thor, the Nariño adalah kopi Colombia klasik. Excellent tubuh, dalam, kaya. Kompleks dan Bright. Fruity (kismis dan plum), dengan nada didominasi coklat bagus, hanyamanual dari membumi dan selesai, lama memuaskan. kopi Nariño, selamabertahun-tahun, telah Been asal Colombia kegemaran saya, dan ini Ranks kananatas ada dengan yang terbaik dari Mereka."

I paid RM 22 for my Narino. A bit expensive, but worth it. The friends who sat next to me order single origin columbia, RM9.50 per cup, i think the taste must be :


The Narino single origin columbia is a less quintessential Colombian coffee. Less Excellent body, deep, rich. complex and bright.Less Fruity (currants and plums) overtones with a nice chocolate background, more just a hint of earthiness and a less long, satisfying finish. "






No comments:

Post a Comment